AGR, StatoilHydro Ink Frame Agreement for Seabed Evacuation Services
AGR Group announced that its subsidiary AGR Subsea Ltd has signed a frame agreement with StatoilHydro for worldwide provision of seabed excavation services. The agreement is for three years with options to extend for two further two-year periods.
AGR Subsea performs excavation projects utilising the ClayCutter X route preparation system. ClayCutter X uses high-pressure water delivered by AGR's unique 9,000 hp portable pumps to cut trenches in a wide variety of seabed soils, and can also be used to excavate glory holes and to flatten large areas of seabed prior to template installation.
The frame agreement follows the highly successful summer 2008 campaign to prepare pipeline routes on the Southern Extension of the Ormen Lange field, where ClayCutter X exceeded all expectations for speed and accuracy.
John Sands, AGR Subsea Ltd general manager and head of AGR's excavation & trenching division, said, "This frame agreement reflects the excellent performance of the new generation ClayCutter X and our high-power pumps. It supports AGR's commitment to continually develop new technology to reduce cost and risk for our clients and stay ahead of our competition."
- AGR Signs MOU with SP Offshore for Work Offshore Comoros Islands (May 07)
- BP Norge Awards AGR New Frame Agreement (Jun 10)
- Ghanaian Parliament Ratifies South Deepwater Tano Deal (Jan 27)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)