Eni Completes Acquisition of Offshore UK Hewett Unit Fields
Eni completed its acquisition of a 51.69% equity interest in the Hewett Unit fields in the UK North Sea and related infrastructure, including the associated Bacton onshore gas processing terminal. Following this acquisition Eni's share in the Hewett Unit asset has grown to 89.31% with Perenco owning the remaining 10.69%.
The transaction was completed by way of company sale pursuant to which Tullow Oil UK Limited, as the Hewett Bacton owner and operator, was acquired by Eni UK Limited from Tullow Oil plc. Tullow Oil UK Limited has been renamed Eni Hewett Limited with effect from today.
In addition to being an important transaction, it also represents also a milestone in Eni's strategy to develop gas storage facilities in the UK and in Europe.
Eni is the leading gas company and storage operator in Europe and considers the development of gas storage as a core element of the gas business. Gas storage capacity contributes to security of supply and provides flexibility to match gas demand in peak periods, thereby contributing to the optimization of the gas supply portfolio.
Eni expects the development of the Hewett Bacton asset to be highly synergistic with its recent acquisition of a majority interest in Belgium's Distrigaz. Given the high level of integration between Eni's G&P and E&P divisions, Eni is uniquely positioned to take a leadership role in the development of gas storage facilities.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
Company: Tullow Oil more info
- Ivory Coast Awards Tullow Two New Oil and Gas Blocks (Jan 17)
- UK's Tullow Oil Lifts Outlook On Higher Crude Prices, Output (Nov 08)
- Tullow Oil Signs Exploration Contracts Offshore Ivory Coast (Oct 11)