Gazprom, Schlumberger Sign Advanced Tech Agreement
OAO Gazprom and Schlumberger have signed an agreement covering the application of advanced technology to enhance the efficiency of exploration and development for hydrocarbon resources. The agreement covers Gazprom fields in Russia as well as in other worldwide areas.
The agreement was signed during a working meeting at Gazprom Headquarters between Alexey Miller, Chairman of the Gazprom Management Committee and Andrew Gould, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Schlumberger Limited. In addition to the application of advanced technology, Gazprom and Schlumberger agreed to collaborate on research and development activities as well as on the training and development of Gazprom personnel.
As part of the agreement, the parties will form a Joint Working Group and Coordinating Committee that will select the technology projects for joint implementation while preparing a program for long-term cooperation.
- Putin Relative Nominated to Management Board of Gas Giant Gazprom (Mar 22)
- Serbia, Russia Revive Gas Pipeline Plans (Mar 09)
- Poland Bets on LNG, Norway Gas as Divorce With Russia Looms (Feb 09)
Company: Schlumberger more info
- 'Netflix for Oil' Setting Stage for $1 Trillion Data Battle (Mar 19)
- Egypt Says Signs Seismic Survey Deal With Schlumberger (Feb 14)
- Halliburton Takes Fracking Fight From Oil Field to Patent Office (Feb 06)