StatoilHydro Gets Go-Ahead to Drill 4 New Production Wells at Kvitebjorn
StatoilHydro has been granted consent to use the Kvitebjorn facility for drilling of four new production wells.
The Kvitebjorn field is located in block 34/11, approx. 20 kilometers southeast of Gullfaks. The field is developed with an integrated production installation resting on the seabed with drilling facilities and living quarters.
Previously, an exploration well, nine production wells and one disposal well have been drilled. The consent applies to drilling of four new production wells. Conductors for these wells have been installed previously.
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)