Shell's Libra-1 Drilling Ahead to Target Reservoir
Nexus has advised that on November 25, the Libra-1 exploration well in exploration permit AC/P41 in the Browse Basin, offshore Western Australia, had reached 3,429 meters total vertical depth sub-sea (TVDSS) in an 8 1/2 inch hole.
The Ocean Epoch semisubmersible rig is drilling the exploration well which is operated by Shell Development (Australia) Pty Ltd on behalf of the joint venture.
The Libra-1 well is expected to intersect the target reservoir by the end of this week, and is testing near field exploration potential around the greater Crux area.
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Heavy Hitters Line Up to Dive Into Mexico's Deep Waters (Jan 26)
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 18 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Nexus Energy more info
- Nexus Resumes Production at Longtom-4 Well in Gippsland Basin (Mar 12)
- Nexus Updates on Plans to Divest its Crux, Longtom Assets in Australia (Feb 21)
- Santos Suspends Production at Patricia-Baleen Gas Processing Plant (Jan 14)