Ascent Farms-Out Interest in Hungary's Peneszlek Exploration Project
Ascent has entered into an agreement whereby Hungarian Horizon Energy ("HHE") and JKX Oil & Gas will farm-in for a 66.67% interest in a 120 sq. km area of the western part of the Nyirseg Szatmar permits in the Peneszlek Exploration Project in Hungary. Under the terms of the agreement signed with Ascent's partners in the project, HHE and JKX will pay for the acquisition and processing of a 3D seismic survey over the farm-out area. The acquisition of this seismic commenced on Thursday, November 20, 2008.
The farm-out area, known as the Pan-handle, is to the south of HHE and JKX's Hajdúnanas-1 gas discovery (reported by JKX on August 11, 2008) and some 70 km north-west of PetroHungaria's (Ascent 45.23%) PEN-104 well, which commenced gas production in August 2008. The new 3D seismic survey, which will cover the whole farm-out area, is designed to delineate additional gas prospects and to identify suitable targets for drilling.
Ascent retains a 17.50% interest in the project and the other partners are HHE (33.33% and operator), JKX (33.33%), DualEx (12.50%), Geomega (2.67%) and Swede Resources (0.67%).
Ascent Managing Director Jeremy Eng said, "This is a positive step forward in the continued development of our Hungarian assets. The Nyirseg Szatmar project area is very similar in characteristics to our successful PEN-104 well development, currently producing 117,000 cu. m per day (4.1 MMscfd; 689 boepd), and where we have already shot some 90 sq. km. of 3D seismic. In both areas we expect that the seismic will point us towards new drilling opportunities and allow us to bring into production further profitable gas wells."
- Police Probe into JKX Subsidiary Continues (Jul 25)
- JKX confirms Police Inspection In Poltava (Jun 15)
- JKX Oil & Gas Appoints New PPC General Director (May 13)
Company: Ascent Resources more info
- Ascent Resources Appoints Interim CEO (Sep 11)
- Ascent Resources Appoints New CFO (Aug 03)
- Brazil's Odebrecht, Braskem to Operate US Petrochemical Project (Apr 10)
Company: DualEx Energy International Inc. more info
- DualEx Considers Repair Options for Hungary Well (Mar 15)
- Ascent Resources Tests Positive Gas at GH-1 in Hungary (Sep 17)
- Drilling Kicks Off at Gorbehaza-1 Onshore Hungary (Aug 18)
Company: PetroHungaria kft more info
- PetroHungaria Begins Sidetrack of Hungary Well (Mar 21)
- Ascent Brings Hungarian Gas Well Online (Mar 23)
- PetroHungaria Spuds New Peneszlek Well in Hungary (Feb 09)