Saipem Clarifies Supposed Cancellation of Manifa Contract
With reference to the rumors about a supposed cancellation of the GOSP Manifa contract awarded in July to Saipem by Saudi Aramco, Saipem clarifies what follows:
- The contract has not been cancelled at the moment.
- Saudi Aramco has required not to undertake further commitments towards suppliers/subcontractors while waiting the results of an analysis aimed at cost optimization.
Saudi Aramco awarded Saipem the lump sum turn key contract for package No 1 of the Manifa Central Processing Facilities (CPF) project, in the frame of the Manifa Field Development Program to increase the production capacity of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia by 900,000 bbls/day. The Manifa Field is located approximately 200 kilometers north of Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
The contract encompasses the EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) of three gas/oil separation trains (GOSP) with a capacity of 300,000 daily bbl each, gas dehydration, crude inlet manifolds and the flare gas system.
Operates 44 Offshore Rigs
- Saudis Seen Counting on 80% Surge in Oil Income to Balance Books (Dec 27)
- Initial Negotiations with Saudi's Aramco to Refine Oil in Egypt - Oil Mnstr (Nov 14)
- RIA: Moscow, Riyadh Agree To Explore Aramco Taking Part In Novatek Project (Nov 13)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)