Wintershall Obtains Gov't Clearance to Acquire Revus Energy
Wintershall has obtained the necessary clearance from the Norwegian Competition Authoritiy for completion of its voluntary offer to acquire Revus Energy ASA stated in the Offer Document on November 4, 2008 and the regulatory clearance from the UK Department of Energy and Climate Change concerning the UKCS licenses held by Revus Energy ASA and any of its subsidiaries. Furthermore, Wintershall has obtained the approval by the Norwegian Ministry of Finance, which however is subject to the approval by the Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy.
The remaining governmental approval expected for completion of the offer is the approval by the Ministry of Petroleum and Energy. The other conditions referred to in the Offer Document are still valid.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
Company: Revus Energy more info
- StatoilHydro Makes Small Gas Discovery at Canon Prospect (Apr 30)
- RWE Confirms Successful Luno Appraisal Test, Field Extension (Jan 30)
- Spring Energy Snags Stake in North Sea Production License (Jan 28)