Odfjell Wins Casing Tubing Running Contract Offshore Norway
Odfjell Well Services has been awarded a two year casing tubing running contract with 2 x 2 year options for StatoilHydro for the Norwegian sector. The contract award includes 10 offshore rig operations with a contract start date of January 1, 2009.
The contract value for the first two year period is expected to be approximately 120-130 MNOK. OWS was awarded 10 out of 18 rigs tendered. In addition Odfjell Drilling has a total of six drilling contracts with StatoilHydro, for platform drilling and Mobile Offshore Drilling Units.
"We are extremely pleased with this award and will continue to deliver quality services," said Executive Vice President in OWS Oyvind Rohn.
Odfjell Well Services has through Odfjell Casing Services AS, provided Casing Running Services on various installations for more than 20 years and currently employs over 130 onshore/offshore personnel.
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)