Sasol Pleased with Njika-1 Results
Sasol Petroleum Sofala, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sasol Petroleum International, has completed its first exploration well, Njika-1, in Block 16/19 in
"This is extremely encouraging news but we still need to complete a significant amount of work before we can establish the commerciality of this discovery," Strauss said.
"A development in the deep offshore areas of
Sasol, as the operator, holds a 50% participating share in the license. Petronas hold a 35% interest, while the Government of
The C Kirk Rhein Jr. semisub commenced drilling of Njika-1 October 1, 2008. Sasol is planning a second well in the same license area immediately after completion of Njika-1.
This exploration is a further development of Sasol's significant gas business in
Operates 10 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: Sasol Limited more info
- Sasol Shifts Strategy, Evaluates Chemical Business Split (Nov 29)
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Sasol Tempers Return Expectations for $11 Billion Project (Aug 21)