Origin Shuts-In Production at BassGas JV's Yolla-4
Origin Energy as Operator of the BassGas Joint Venture has advised that production is currently reduced to around one-third of normal levels due to the Yolla-4 well being shut-in following the automatic hydraulic closure of a sub-surface valve.
Origin is currently investigating options for the rectification of this issue and expects production to return to normal operating levels by the end of December 2008. A similar issue with the Yolla-3 well was successfully resolved in January 2008.
A further update will be provided once production rates return to normal.
Project participants are:
- Origin Energy Resources Limited (1) 37.5% (Operator)
- Origin Energy Northwest Limited (1) 5.0%
- AWE Petroleum Pty Ltd (2) 30.0%
- ARC (BassGas) Pty Ltd (2) 12.5%
- CalEnergy Gas (Australia) Limited 15.0%
(1) a wholly owned subsidiary of Origin Energy Limited
(2) a wholly owned subsidiary of Australian Worldwide Exploration Limited
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: CalEnergy Gas more info
- AWE Enters Agreement with CalEnergy (Mar 01)
- BassGas JV Puts Final Price Tag on Yolla Enhancement (Dec 18)
- Origin Updates on Purchase of Woodside's Otway Interest (Dec 07)
Company: Australia Worldwide Exploration more info
- AWE Updates on Drilling Ops at Trefoil-2 Offshore Australia (Nov 05)
- Origin Shuts-In Production at BassGas JV's Yolla-4 (Nov 19)
- Casino JV Hits Paydirt at Henry-2 (Oct 28)