Probe Spuds South Timbalier Sidetrack in GOM
Probe Resources has initiated operations for the drilling of the South Timbalier 214 A-6 Sidetrack-1 well in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. The Hercules 202 jackup drilling rig has been mobilized to the Company's South Timbalier 198 platform.
The Company is currently completing preliminary operations on the A-6 wellbore at the South Timbalier 198 platform in preparation for sidetracking the well. This A-6 sidetrack will penetrate the unproduced Buliminella 1 formation previously penetrated and logged in El Paso's South Timbalier 214-1 well. The Company expects to reach total depth and evaluate the well in mid December. Completion operations will immediately follow.
The South Timbalier 198 platform has an existing pipeline to onshore facilities. Minor refurbishment of the production facility is ongoing and expected to be complete concurrent with the completion of the well. Analogous wells in the area have experienced production rates from similar reservoirs in excess of 25 MMcf of gas per day.
- C&J Energy Files for Bankruptcy to Cut $1.4B in Debt (Jul 20)
- Hercules Offshore Sells Jackup at 94% Loss (Jul 12)
- Hercules Offshore Lays Off 60 at Houston Headquarters (Jun 13)
Company: Probe Resources more info
- Probe Underscores Flow Rates at South Timbalier 214 (Feb 18)
- Probe Starts Up Production at Recent Gas Discovery in Gulf of Mexico (Jan 30)
- Probe Spuds South Timbalier Sidetrack in GOM (Nov 19)