Keppel Secures $222MM in Conversion, Construction Contracts
Keppel Offshore & Marine has secured S$340 million ($222 million) worth of contracts through its subsidiaries for the conversion of a floating storage and offloading vessel (FSO), the construction of an internal turret, the refurbishment and outfitting of a semisubmersible multi-service vessel as well as the fabrication, installation and integration of topside process modules for a Floating Production Storage and Offloading vessel (FPSO).
The first contract is for the conversion of a FSO by Keppel Shipyard for M3nergy JDA Sdn Bhd.
The scope of work includes the repair, life extension and conversion of a Panamax Tanker built in 1989, into a FSO which involves the fabrication and installation of an external turret mooring system, cargo offloading station, metering skid and helideck as well as the upgrading of accommodation, fire fighting system and communication systems.
When completed in third Quarter of 2009, the FSO will be able to store 546,000 barrels of oil with a maximum stabilised condensate production of 20,000 barrels per day. It will operate in the Joint Development Area (JDA) off the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia for Carigali-PTTEPI's Block B-17 field development project.
The second contract by Keppel Shipyard is for the construction of an internal turret for SBM Offshore Inc, which will be supplied to their end client BP Norge AS, for its Skarv FPSO unit.
When completed, the internal turret will be the largest in the world in terms of its rated mooring loads. The Skarv FPSO unit will serve the Skarv Development offshore Norway.
Nelson Yeo, Executive Director of Keppel Shipyard said, "These new contracts demonstrate the confidence our customers have in us. We continue to execute our projects successfully and to the owner's satisfaction."
The third contract is by Keppel Verolme BV (Keppel Verolme) for the refurbishment and outfitting works on a semi-submersible multi-service vessel for Prosafe Rigs Pte Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Prosafe SE.
Scheduled to arrive in the fourth quarter of 2008, the vessel, MSV Regalia, will undergo a refurbishment program which includes part renewal of the accommodation, entertainment, catering, office and exercise facilities. She will also have her main engines renewed, her thrusters and dynamic positioning system refurbished, and her hull blasted and painted.
Harold Linssen, Managing Director of Keppel Verolme, said, "We are delighted Prosafe has chosen us for this project and we look forward to being their provider of choice in the region."
The vessel is scheduled to be completed in the second quarter of 2009.
The fourth contract, for the fabrication, installation and integration of topside process modules for the FPSO P-57, has been secured by Keppel FELS Brasil from SBM Offshore.
The workscope includes fabrication and erection of Topsides Modules, piping, electrical equipment, instruments as well as pre-commissioning and assistance to commissioning. The modules are expected to be delivered in end 2009 with the commissioning and integration in the third quarter of 2010.
The upgrading and conversion of the FPSO P-57 is currently being undertaken by Keppel Shipyard for SBM Offshore and is expected to leave Keppel Shipyard in the fourth quarter of 2009 for Brazil.
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- Prosafe Takes Delivery of the Safe Zephyrus Accommodation Vessel (Jan 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers Accommodation Semisub Safe Zephyrus to Prosafe (Jan 19)
Company: Keppel FELS more info
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)
Company: M3nergy Berhad more info
- Lundin Terminates Sale of FPSO Bertam to Malaysia's M3nergy Subsidiary (Aug 04)
- Lundin Sells FPSO Bertam to Malaysia's M3nergy for $265M (Jan 22)
- Petronas Awards 2 Exploration Blocks in Sabah to SapuraKencana-Led JV (Nov 21)
Company: Keppel Offshore & Marine Limited more info
- FPSO Armada Kraken on Track for North Sea Deployment (Aug 29)
- Bumi Armada's LNG FSU Leaving Singapore Soon to Work for EletroGas Malta (Aug 11)
- McDermott, N-KOM Signs MOU to Jointly Pursue EPCI Projects Offshore Qatar (Jul 27)
Company: PTT Exploration & Production Company Plc (PTTEP) more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Thailand's PTTEP Delays Canadian Oil Sands Project At Cost Of $550MM (Oct 19)
- Thai PTTEP to Invest At Least $1.7B in 2017 to Maintain Output (Oct 03)
- PTTEPI, PC JDA Sign Add-on Deal to PSC for Block 17-01 in Gulf of Thailand (Sep 01)