Aker Marine Contractors & Clough Form New Subsea Business
The Aker Kvaerner subsidiary Aker Marine Contractors have agreed to form a new global subsea construction business to be known as CASP (Clough - AMC Subsea Partnership).
CASP (Clough-AMC Subsea Partnership) will be headquartered in Oslo with regional offices in Aberdeen, Houston and Perth. The entity will be 50% owned by Aker Marine Contractors of Norway and 50% by Clough Limited of Australia.
Anne Mürer said that this business initiative is cementing the long term relationship between Clough and AMC. It is a large step forward in implementing the company's strategy of being a global provider of subsea services to the offshore Oil and Gas industry. Establishing CASP enables us to reach the global market which is needed with the two specialized vessels BOA DeepC I and II. We think that one of the vessels will be stationed in the North Sea whereas the second vessel will find work in the deeepwater areas. DeepC I is already contracted for projects in the North Sea for the 2004 season.
Anne Mürer states that in due course, a successful implementation of CASP will give Aker Kvaerner a good opportunity for further focusing into the subsea construction market
The type of business to be pursued is offshore contracting and associated services world-wide, including, but not limited to:
- General Subsea Construction:- Both installation-only EPCI scopes
- Umbilicals, Risers and flexible flowlines installation
- Subsea Structures, Spools and Tie-Ins
- Light Well-Intervention
- Survey/ROV Services
The new entity will have two vessels at its disposal; Boa DeepC and Boa DeepC II, owned by Boa Offshore to support its world-wide project activities. The vessels will be delivered and ready for operation by early 2004 and early 2005, respectively. Both are state of the art DP Class III specialist installation vessels specifically designed for deep and ultra deep-water projects. The lengths of the vessels are 120 meter and 140 meter respectively, featuring:
- Large free deck area
- High deck loading capacity (15t/m2)
- Deepwater 250t/300t + heave-compensated cranes
- Deepwater lowering winch with 500 ton line-pull
- 100 bed accommodation
- twin in-built deepwater ROV systems
- 7.2m x 7.2m moonpool.
"We are very excited by this new venture with two well respected entities such as AMC and Boa. This business will expand on the current strong and profitable relationships that exist between our companies now,” Dr Brian Hewitt, CEO of Clough Limited," said today.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Clough Engineering Ltd. more info
- Australia's Clough Bags 2 Engineering Services Contracts (Apr 06)
- Clough Bags Hook-up Services Contract for Ichthys FPSO from DSME (Jan 28)
- SHI Awards Ichthys LNG Project CPF Hook-up Services Contract to Clough (Jan 27)