KCA Deutag Snags Land Drilling Contract for Western Siberia Operations
KCA Deutag, the international drilling contractor, has been awarded a US $50 million land drilling contract from Russian oil and gas operator Arctic Gas Co. (a Company participated by Eni and Enel).
The contract, which is for an initial three years with extensions, saw KCA Deutag's rig T-505 commence operations in the fourth quarter 2008, in the Severo-Samburgskoye field in Novy Urengoy, western Siberia.
Holger Temmen, Chief Executive of KCA Deutag, said, "Russia is a key strategic growth area for our business and this contract further strengthens our position in that market, where our HR-5000 series of rigs have continued to make inroads since their introduction in 2006.
"We continue to build on our relationships with key clients and potential clients in Russia, based on our track record of performance improvement and delivering results on time and on budget."
This latest contract follows that awarded earlier this year, by Burgaz, Gazprom's drilling subsidiary, for KCA Deutag's rig T-500 for a drilling campaign in the Novyi Urengoi field in the Yamburg region of west Siberia.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
Company: KCA Deutag more info
- Norway Strike Threat Increases as Parties Fail to Find Agreement (Jun 08)
- Statoil Extends Drilling Services Contracts, Kicks Off JS Platform Work (Mar 31)
- KCA Confirms Plans to Hire 300 Workers in Norway (Mar 30)
Company: Enel S.p.A. more info
- Industry Leaders: Latin America Must Safeguard Energy Investors (Jun 16)
- At-13 Well in Algeria Hits 240-Foot Gas-Bearing Formation (May 23)
- Dragon Oil, Enel Secure 2 Exploration Blocks in Algeria (Oct 01)