Harriet JV Spuds New Well on Bambra O&G Field
Tap Oil has provided the following information on the Bambra-9 appraisal well.
The Bambra Oil and Gas Field is located in Production License TL/1. The Bambra-9 well is a vertical well being drilled to appraise the southern extent of the Bambra Field, at longitude 20 degrees 33' 49.64"S and longitude 115 degrees 35' 54.37"E. Water depth at the well location is 24 m.
Bambra-9 spudded on Sunday, November 16, 2008, and is currently drilling ahead at a depth of 750 meters measured depth.
The Bambra oil field has been on production via Bambra-7 since October 2005 and Bambra-8 since August 2007. The oil is produced through the Harriet Bravo Platform.
Monitoring of the oil produced from these wells, together with ongoing geological and geophysical studies on the Field and the short term availability of a rig slot led the JV to propose drilling the Bambra-9 location at the southern margin of the Bambra Field. A successful appraisal well at Bambra-9 would extend the southern end of the Field and incrementally increase reserves.
Harriet Joint Venture Participants:
- Tap (Harriet) Pty Ltd 12.2229%
- Apache Northwest Pty Ltd (Operator) 68.5%
- Kufpec Australia Pty Ltd 19.2771%
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)