Woodside Spuds Nickol-1 Offshore Australia
Woodside reports that the Nickol-1 exploration well located in the Carnarvon Basin was spudded on June 7, 2003. Since operations began, the 16-inch hole section was drilled and cased and the blow out preventors were run. On June 10, 2003 the operation was drilling ahead in 8-1/2 inch hole at 1,355 meters.
The Nickol-1 is being drilled by the Ensco 56 jackup. The location is approximately 5.5 kilometers east of the Sage-1 oil discovery well and 32.5 kilometers southwest of the Legendre oil field. Water depth at the location is 65 meters, and planned total depth of the well is approximately 2,830 meters. Woodside is the operator of the WA-1-P joint venture.
Manages 64 Offshore Rigs
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Lamprell to Compensate Ensco for Delay in Delivery of ENSCO 140 (Aug 29)
- Lamprell Delays Delivery of Jackup to Mid-August Due to Technical Issue (Jul 27)
Company: Woodside more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)