Tullow Farms-In to Georgetown Block Offshore Guyana
Tullow has recently reached agreement with the YPF Group to farm-in to the Georgetown block offshore Guyana and acquire a 30% interest, complementing the Group's existing acreage in Suriname and French Guyana. A 3D seismic survey, which commenced in October, is currently being run in the Georgetown block.
New prospects analogous to the Jubilee field have been mapped close to the giant Matamata prospect in the Guyane Maritime license offshore French Guyana, it said. Tullow has a 97.5% interest in this license and is planning a new round of farm-out discussions with a view to drilling in 2010.
- UK's Tullow Oil Lifts Outlook On Higher Crude Prices, Output (Nov 08)
- Tullow Oil Signs Exploration Contracts Offshore Ivory Coast (Oct 11)
- Britain's Tullow Launches Oil, Gas Exploration In Zambia (Aug 11)
Company: YPFB more info
- Bolivia Seals Exploration Deal with Gazprom, Total (Aug 02)
- Argentina's Chubut Province Gives YPF 7-Day Ultimatum (Mar 02)
- Petrobras Amends Natural Gas Purchase Agreement with YPFB (Dec 21)