Pioneer Spuds Bison Well
Woodside reports that the Bison #1 exploratory well located in the Gulf of Mexico on Mustang Island Area Block A 81 was spudded on June 6, 2003. Ensco International's jackup, Ensco 64 will be used to drill the well. Water depth at the location is approximately 290 feet. Planned total depth is approximately 6,650 feet (referenced to the rig rotary table).
The Bison #1 well is the third of an eight well program that Woodside Energy (USA) Inc. and Pioneer Natural Resources USA, Inc. have agreed to drill in 2003 and 2004. Woodside and Pioneer are equal participants in the well.
Manages 64 Offshore Rigs
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Lamprell to Compensate Ensco for Delay in Delivery of ENSCO 140 (Aug 29)
- Lamprell Delays Delivery of Jackup to Mid-August Due to Technical Issue (Jul 27)
Company: Woodside more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Pioneer Natural Resources more info
- Big Shale Turns OPEC Ally From Foe With Focus on Oil Returns (Dec 04)
- Pioneer Natural 3Q Adjusted Profit Beats Expectations (Nov 01)
- Rising Gas Output Drags Down Shares Of US Shale Leader Pioneer (Aug 02)