Technip Scores Riser Contract for Kristin
A contract worth NOK 414 million covering delivery and installation of risers for the Kristin platform in the Norwegian Sea was awarded on June 6 to Technip Offshore Norge.
Placed by operator Statoil in behalf of the field licensees, this job involves production as well as oil and gas export risers. Control and electrical heating cables for the flowlines will also be installed.
"Technip has been awarded a very important contract which presents major technological challenges," says Johan Fredrik Brandt, assistant operations vice president for Kristin. "After a detailed evaluation of technical solutions and costs, its bid stood out clearly as the best."
The risers will be produced by the company's factory in Le Trait, France, and are due to be installed in 2005. However, some could be preinstalled in 2004.
Kristin will have 12 subsea wells tied back to a floating platform, with an initial daily capacity of 126,000 barrels of condensate and just over 18 million cubic meters of gas. The reservoir, which lies at a depth of almost 5,000 meters, is expected to yield 35 billion cubic meters of lean gas from the start of production in 2005 until 2016.
With development estimated at roughly NOK 17 billion, about 80 percent of deliveries to the Kristin project come from Norwegian industry.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
Company: Technip-Coflexip more info
- Technip Wins Snøhvit Pipelay Contract (Jul 30)
- Technip Wins Sapphire Subsea Contract Offshore Egypt (Jul 25)
- Lukoil & Technip Create a Joint Venture Company in Russia (Jul 22)