Hallin Marine Snags $4.2MM Diving Contract Offshore Malaysia
The subsea solutions company Hallin Marine has been awarded a US $4.2 million contract for the provision of saturation diving services by J. Ray McDermott in support of the offshore construction contractor’s project offshore Malaysia for the 2009 season.
Hallin Marine will mobilize a nine man saturation diving system to support McDermott's DB26 construction barge during the offshore pipeline installation campaign in the field for oil major Shell.
This activity is part of the McDermott field development scope of works for SSB Malaysia, who are completing installation of the offshore platforms and interconnecting subsea pipelines. Hallin Marine's work scope will be primarily focussed on providing saturation diving system and specialist diving personnel to support the subsea construction activities in water depths to 100m. Work commences in February, 2009 and is expected to be completed by December, 2009, with potential options to extend thereafter.
Jon Attenburrow, Hallin's East Division's MD, said, "Hallin is pleased to receive the 2009 contract award for the saturation diving services from J.Ray McDermott; one of the leading major offshore contractors in the offshore industry and we look forward to a successful campaign in support of their offshore operations."
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Heavy Hitters Line Up to Dive Into Mexico's Deep Waters (Jan 26)
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
Company: J. Ray McDermott more info
- J. Ray McDermott Says Hello to New CFO (May 12)
- J. Ray McDermott Secures Fabrication Contract on Gorgon Project (May 06)
- J. Ray Reels in Second Subsea Gig in Vietnam (Apr 06)
Company: Hallin Marine more info
- Hallin Completes Replacement of Mooring Lines for FPSO HYSY111 in China (Aug 26)
- Hallin Supports Subsea 7 in Offshore Installation Work in Bay of Bengal (Apr 17)
- Hallin Marine Completes Subsea Project at Thailand's Bualuang Oil Field (Feb 28)