Stolt Offshore Wins Angolan Contract
Stolt Offshore had been awarded a contract by the Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering Company (DSME) for work on the Benguela and Belize offshore field development in Block 14 in Angola, which is operated by Cabinda Gulf Oil Company, ChevronTexaco's affiliate in Angola.
This EPIC contract, valued at approximately $112 million, is for the installation of 100 km of pipelines to connect the new Benguela and Belize compliant tower to the Kuito FPSO and the South Nemba and KWIP platforms.
Tom Ehret, Chief Executive Officer of Stolt Offshore, said, "This award is a welcome addition to our business in Angola. It also demonstrates that with our established skills, local capabilities and track record in this region we are a desirable partner for other contractors to work with, even when we do not take the lead on the EPIC project. We also welcome this continuation of our long standing relationship with Sonangol and ChevronTexaco as well as with DSME."
- Chevron Says It Will Not Dispute Climate Science in US Lawsuit (Mar 22)
- Oil, Gas Leaders Warn Trump He Risks Harming Their Industry (Mar 16)
- Chevron Backs 2018 Production Rise, Eyes Share Buybacks (Mar 06)
Company: Daewoo more info
- Woodside Discovers Gas at Thalin-1A Well Offshore Myanmar (Feb 12)
- Deep-Sea Plan Fails, Leaving Korean Shipyards Struggling (Jul 27)
- Daewoo Names New Chief After Ex-CEO Quits Over Myanmar Gas Sale Spat (Jun 17)