Aker to Provide Subsea Equipment for Murphy's GOM Program
Aker Solutions has signed contracts with Murphy Exploration & Production Company - USA (Murphy) to provide subsea trees, control systems and steel tube umbilicals to the company's Gulf of Mexico (GOM) program. The initial order is worth approximately US $23 million.
This initial orders -- which will launch Murphy's inventory stocking programme for its upcoming eastern GOM development schedule -- includes two wellsets and an umbilical. Delivery of all components is scheduled for Q2 2009.
"Murphy has an ambitious strategy for subsea developments in the Gulf of Mexico. We are very pleased to be chosen as partner for their forthcoming subsea projects in this part of the world," said Erik Wiik, president of Aker Solutions' subsea business area in the US.
Engineering design and project management will be provided from Aker Solutions' office in Houston, Texas, with manufacturing of most components at Aker Solutions' hi-tech subsea manufacturing centre in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Umbilicals will be manufactured at Aker Solutions' facility in Mobile, Alabama. Offshore installation support will be provided from Aker Solutions' service base in Houston.
"We have successfully delivered several projects to Murphy in the US and Malaysia. This award is an acknowledgement of our project teams' efforts and a recognition of our global capability within subsea production systems," added Wiik.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Murphy Oil CEO: Now is the Time for Deepwater to Come Back (May 02)
- Pilot Energy Inks Deal to Acquire Murphy's Stake in Permit WA-481-P Off WA (Jul 27)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)