Jacky Field Tie-In Approved, Production Start Up Set for Early 2009
Ithaca Energy and its wholly owned subsidiary Ithaca Energy (UK) Limited have announced that the UK Department for Energy and Climate Change ("DECC") has approved the Field Development Plan for the Jacky oilfield.
The Jacky oilfield is owned 90% by Ithaca and 10% by NSE. It is situated some 10 km North East of the Beatrice field in the Inner Moray Firth area of the United Kingdom Continental Shelf. It contains some 5.2 million bbls of Proven and Probable reserves (source – Sproule International Ltd). The field will be developed via a small wellhead platform with initially one production well assisted by downhole pumping. Initial production rates are expected to be approximately 7,500 bopd.
The platform was delivered to the nearby Cromarty Firth early last week in anticipation of field development approval. Installation of the platform will proceed as soon as weather permits and pipelines are planned to be installed this December. Although additional approvals will be required from DECC for the final tie-in of the well, it is expected to be tied-in and brought on stream early in 2009.
This announcement coincides with the handover of the Beatrice oilfield facilities from Talisman Energy UK Ltd to Ithaca operatorship. Ithaca is leasing and operating the Beatrice oilfield facilities and Jacky production will be processed on Beatrice and exported via the Beatrice pipeline to the Nigg Oil Terminal (also leased by Ithaca) for storage and offloading to tankers.
Ithaca intends to invest in enhancing production from Beatrice and as part of this, the pipeline from Jacky to Beatrice will also be used to restore production from the Beatrice Bravo facility which was shut-in last year by Talisman.
In an earlier statement, Ithaca announced agreement with Dyas UK Ltd. for Dyas to purchase 25.25% of Ithaca’s holding in Beatrice, Jacky and other assets.
Lawrie Payne, CEO of Ithaca said, "We are delighted to receive approval of the Jacky Field Development Plan from DECC. Our small team of highly motivated professionals have worked hard over the last 18 months since the discovery well was drilled to bring the field to production. We can now proceed with the installation activities leading up to the well tie-in and first production early next year.
"This field is expected to provide significant cashflow for Ithaca and its partners as well as funding for the continued development of the Beatrice area and other projects."
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Ithaca Energy more info
- Ithaca Energy Starts Production from North Sea Stella Field (Feb 17)
- Delek Group to Issue Ithaca Energy Takeover Bid for $524MM (Feb 06)
- Ithaca Energy: Stella Production Start-up Delayed (Jan 12)
Company: Dyas BV more info
- Ithaca Says Stella Production Facility Undergoing Sea Trials (Jul 22)
- Lundin Finds Gas at Maligan Prospect Offshore East Malaysia (Mar 03)
- Lundin Farms Out Stakes in 3 PSCs Offshore Malaysia to DYAS (Feb 02)
Company: North Sea Energy Corp. more info
- Maersk Set to Play with Bagpuss and Blofeld (Aug 16)
- Ithaca to Drill Second Production Well at Jacky (Dec 13)
- Ithaca Ramps Up Production Level at Beatrice Platform (Dec 07)