GPS to Provide Process Packages for Nigeria's Usan FPSO Project
Hyundai Heavy Industries of Korea has awarded Global Process Systems (GPS) a contract valued at US $15 million to provide two major process packages for the Usan FPSO Project in Nigeria.
GPS' office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, will execute the contract to design and supply a Glycol Dehydration Package and Flare & HC Blanket Gas Recovery Package for installation on the FPSO. The packages will be fabricated in Kuantan, Malaysia by GPS Kuala Lumpur.
The Usan Development will be operated by Elf Petroleum, Total's main subsidiary in Nigeria, and is located some 100 km offshore Port Harcourt at depths of 750-900 meters. The development plan involves 28 subsea wells connected to the FPSO which will have a storage capacity of 2 million barrels and processing capacity of 180,000 bopd.
The Glycol Dehydration Package will use triethylene glycol absorbers to remove water from the gas. The Gas Recovery Package will be used to provide blanket gas to the cargo tanks of the FPSO hull as well as for recovery of all flare gas from the relief system. This will help achieve zero emissions in line with global carbon emissions reduction requirements.
Global Process Systems Chief Executive Clint Elgar said, "We are delighted to have secured approval to provide our technology packages to Total, one of the major players in the global FPSO market. This represents a significant breakthrough for our operations in Malaysia." The contract also marks the continued strength of GPS technology in gas dehydration systems for offshore applications.
The Usan Development is expected to come on stream in 2012.
- World's Top Two Shipyards Signal More Orders as Earnings Improve (Apr 27)
- Billionaire Fredriksen Buys Rig, Ends Hyundai Dispute (Mar 13)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
Company: Global Process Systems more info
- GPS to Provide Process Packages for Nigeria's Usan FPSO Project (Nov 10)
- GPS, JV Partner Tapped for 2 MOPUs for Offshore Malaysia Ops (Aug 20)
- Tanjung Awarded Contract by Global Process Systems (Aug 01)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)
- Total, Wintershall Drill Dry Wells Offshore Norway (Mar 02)