SCAN to Conduct 2D Seismic Program Offshore Ecuador
SCAN Geophysical has announced the receipt of a Letter of Award (LOA) from PETROPRODUCCION Empresa Estatal de Exploracion y Produccion de Petroleos del Ecuador (PETROPRODUCCION), an affiliate of Petroecuador, to acquire a major 2D seismic program offshore Ecuador in support of the government's plan to develop hydrocarbon prospects in this region.
The ground-breaking survey is covering majority of the Ecuadorian coast, with focus on basins in Esmeraldas, Manabi, Guayas and Santa Elena provinces and comprises approximately 10,000 Km of two-dimensional marine acquisition. The LOA is subject to the parties finalizing a mutually agreeable contract.
SCAN's new multi-purpose seismic vessel, the M/V SCAN STIGANDI will be transiting to Ecuador to acquire the program with an immediate startup upon arrival.
"This seismic program is a milestone in Ecuador's strong commitment for expansion of available offshore natural resources and SCAN is honored to be a part of this historic event," said Kjell Karlsson, vice president of marketing and sales for SCAN in Oslo.
The seismic program will be acquired utilizing SCAN's new and technologically advanced vessel and onboard seismic equipment, including 8,000 m towed solid streamer.
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- Kemp: Oil Price War Inflicts Collateral Damage in Latin America (Feb 09)
- Ecuador's Petroamazonas Seeks Partners to Boost Oil Output (Sep 26)
Company: SCAN Geophysical ASA more info
- SCAN Kicks Off 3D Seismic Operations in South America (Jun 18)
- Gold Oil Concludes 2D Seismic on Peruvian Offshore Block Z34 (May 22)
- Gold Oil Taps SCAN for Seismic Acquisition Offshore Peru (Apr 20)