Global Industries Snags Pipelaying Contract for Petrobras' Mexilhao Field
Global Industries' wholly owned subsidiary, Global Industries Offshore LLC, has been awarded a US $57 million project for Petrobras. The project includes laying pipe in the Mexilhao Field at Santos Basin. The project will be performed by the DLB Iroquois. The scope of work, which comprises operations in Sao Paulo State, includes laying 22 km of 34" pipeline, and is scheduled to commence within the next two weeks.
"Petrobras is a very important customer and we are very pleased that this project follows our work on Camarupim for the DLB Iroquois which is already in Brazil," said Global CEO John Clerico. "We appreciate this vote of confidence and look forward to assisting Petrobras in this important project."
The complete project scope will allow the export of the gas produced in Mexilhao platform, which sits some 130 kilometers from Sao Sebastiao port, to the UTGCA (Unit of Treatment of Gas Monteiro Lobato), in Caraguatatuba. The project is part of the Plangas, that aims to triple the production growth of natural gas in the country, making Brazil self sufficient.
- Global Industries Scores 'Who Dat' Project Development in GOM (Mar 23)
- Global Industries Secures Multiple McMoRan Decommissioning Projects in GOM (Mar 07)
- Pemex Awards $125MM for Pipeline Work in GOM (Jun 01)
Company: Petrobras more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)