Atwood's Richmond Rig Awarded New Well, Dayrate in GOM
Atwood announced that the RICHMOND (the Company's only rig in the Gulf of Mexico) has been awarded another well with a dayrate of $85,000 by Contango Operations Inc. through their exercise of an option under the rig's current contract.
Prior to the exercise of this option, the contract commitment included the drilling of the current well at a dayrate of $75,000 (estimated to be completed around mid November 2008) followed by the drilling of another well at a dayrate of $78,000.
Contango has assigned the $78,000 dayrate well to Newfield Exploration Company. The Newfield well has an estimated duration of three months. Immediately upon completion of the drilling of the well for Newfield, the RICHMOND will commence drilling the $85,000 dayrate well for Contango, which is estimated to take around 60 days to complete. Contango has also been given an option to drill one additional at a dayrate to be negotiated.
The RICHMOND has been highly utilized in the Gulf of Mexico for several years and on several occasions has proven its durability and station-keeping capability during hurricane season.
- Big Shale Turns OPEC Ally From Foe With Focus on Oil Returns (Dec 04)
- Shale Drillers Show Few Signs of Slowing as Profits Expand (Aug 02)
- $2 Billion Gulfport Buy Shows Drillers Thirsting for Next Play (Dec 15)
Company: Atwood Oceanics more info
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Atwood Oceanics Offshore Employees in Australia Agree to New EBA (Aug 23)
- Transocean, Atwood Oceanics Lay Off 200 Offshore Workers in Texas (Feb 06)
Company: Contango Oil & Gas more info
- Contango, Crimson Exploration Pen Merger Agreement (Apr 30)
- Contango Mourns Loss of Founder (Apr 22)
- Contango Spotlights Year-End Results (Aug 29)