Technip to Manufacture Subsea Products in Malaysia
Technip has announced an expansion of its Asiaflex Products manufacturing facility to include the production of subsea umbilical systems as of 2010. In January 2008, Technip announced the creation of Asiaflex Products that will manufacture Technip's complete range of flexible pipes. The state-of-the-art manufacturing facility is currently under construction in Tanjung Langsat, Malaysia, and is on schedule to deliver flexible pipe, plus umbilicals in 2010.
Asiaflex Products will complement Technip's existing manufacturing facilities in the umbilicals market:
- DUCO Ltd. located in Newcastle, UK, Technip's umbilical center of excellence for research & development, engineering and manufacturing activities,
- DUCO Inc. located in Houston, Texas, a major manufacturer of steel tube umbilicals for deepwater markets worldwide,
- Angoflex Ltda., a joint venture between Technip and Sonangol, strategically located in Lobito, Angola, to serve the Angolan deepwater market.
The new facility benefits from a strategic location to serve the emerging deepwater oil and gas markets in the Asia-Pacific, India and Middle East regions. Asiaflex Products will also create specialized training and long term employment opportunities locally.
Technip is a long-standing leader in oil & gas engineering in the Asia-Pacific regionwith more than 3,400 employees located in key operating centers across Asia-Pacific with its regional headquarters located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The Asiaflex Products facility is part of Technip's current capex program to strengthen its assets (vessels, engineering centers and manufacturing plants) and reinforce its worldwide leadership in the Subsea market.
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)