StatoilHydro's 14,000 B/D Statfjord Nord Shut-In Until 3Q '09
OSLO (Dow Jones Newswires), November 6, 2008
StatoilHydro said Wednesday it is in the process of shutting down Norwegian subsea field Statfjord Nord for technical repairs which will halt output of up to 14,000 barrels of oil a day until the third quarter 2009.
"We've had some trouble with water injection on the Statfjord satellite," said StatoilHydro spokesman Geir Gjervan. Work will be carried out on the water injection template.
"We started to phase down production in mid-October and we expect it to be at zero within the year," Gjervan said.
Statfjord Nord, located around 17 kilometers north of Statfjord field, can produce up to 14,000 barrels of oil a day. The repairs, which were unscheduled, are expected to be complete some time in the third quarter 2009.
"The challenge is we need a rig...we have to look into our rig plan to find a time" for the repairs, Gjervan said, adding the precise restart timing will be dependent on the feasibility of the rig and the repairs process.
It is being considered whether water alternating gas injection could be a method to boost oil recovery at Statjord Nord. A decision on that is expected in 2009, according to he Norwegian Petroleum Directorate.
StatoilHydro is the field operator, with a 21.88% stake, while Royal Dutch Shell holds 10%, ConocoPhillips has 12.08%, Enterprise Oil Norges 1.04%, Exxon Mobil 25% and Petoro 30%.
Copyright (c) 2008 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- ExxonMobil to Lead Construction, Ops of Mozambique LNG Facilities (Dec 13)
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: Enterprise Oil plc more info
- Former Oil Man in Frame to Become Archbishop of Canterbury (Nov 08)
- BP Says Norwegian Valhall Field to Remain Offline for Weeks (May 20)
- StatoilHydro's 14,000 B/D Statfjord Nord Shut-In Until 3Q '09 (Nov 06)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)