FMC to Supply Venture Production with Subsea Trees, Wellheads
FMC Technologies has received an award from Venture Production for the supply of subsea production systems. The award represents approximately $25 million in revenue to FMC Technologies.
FMC's scope of supply includes three high temperature enhanced horizontal subsea trees and four subsea wellheads. All equipment will be designed and manufactured at FMC's Dunfermline, Scotland facility. This is the third award FMC has received from Venture in 2008. Previous contracts for Venture's Chestnut and Acorn fields included the supply of two wellhead systems and one subsea tree for each project. The subsea tree for the Acorn field includes a multi-mode fiber optics communication system designed to optimize well productivity and improve the speed and accuracy of data received from the well.
"Today's announcement strengthens our relationship with Venture," said Tore Halvorsen, FMC's Senior Vice President of Global Subsea Production Systems. "We are pleased to support them in their commitment to developing oil and gas resources in the North Sea."
- Venture Production Shuffles Board (Sep 10)
- Venture Announces Board Changes (Aug 27)
- Venture Advises Shareholders to Accept Centrica's Offer (Aug 25)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)