MEO Australia Pushes Back Spud Date for Zeus-1
MEO Australia has noted the following update on the timing of drilling Zeus-1. The assignment of the Songa Venus drilling rig to MEO was scheduled for late October 2008.
Unfortunately, drilling difficulties are being experienced, unrelated to rig capability, in completing the last well under Songa's current Contract.
On the basis that drilling and testing of this well continues as planned then the likely release of the rig to the Songa Venus Consortium for MEO's Zeus-1 well will be delayed until the end of November 2008. Consequently the expected spud date of the Zeus-1 well is currently forecast to be early December 2008.
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)
Company: MEO Australia Ltd more info
- MEO Australia Seeks Shareholder Approval to Rename Firm as Melbana Energy (Sep 28)
- MEO Australia: 4 Companies Interested in Beehive Farm-Out Deal (Sep 12)
- MEO Australia Provides Update on Projects in Australia, NZ & Cuba (Aug 15)