Olga-1X Comes Up Dry for Maersk Oil
Maersk Oil has completed the exploration well Olga-1X (5505/21-4) south of the Kraka field in the North Sea. The well was drilled with the jackup Maersk Guardian.
Olga-1X was spudded January 29, 2003 in approximtely 46 meters of water. Olga-1X was drilled as a vertical well and reached total depth at 4695 meters below mean sea level in layers of Triassic age. The well encountered the expected Triassic sandstone reservoir. A production test failed to produce hydrocarbons. Olga-1X is being plugged and abandoned. The Maersk Guardian will subsequently be moved to the Skjold field.
Licence 5/99, granted to A.P. Møller and DONG in 1999, borders the A.P. Møller Sole Concession of 1962. The two groups of concessionaires have agreed that the Sole Concession contributes to the payment of the Olga-1X well costs.
The companies participate with the following economic interest in the two areas: Shell Olie- og Gasudvinding Danmark BV 36.8% & 46%; A.P.Møller 31.2% & 39%; Texaco Denmark Inc. 12.0% & 15% and DONG A/S 20.0%.
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Maersk Drilling more info
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Angola LNG Production Setback Prompts Tender Cancellation (Jan 08)