PSN Secures Major Contract Extension for KNOC's Vietnam Gas Fields
Production Services Network (PSN) has secured a four year, multi-million US dollar contract extension to provide Operation and Maintenance Services on KNOC's Rong Doi and Rong Doi Tay Gas Field Development Project in Vietnam. The extension consists of two options of two years each, beyond which there is potential to extend PSN's O&M support for a further sixteen years.
Rong Doi, located 320km off the coast of Vietnam, is KNOC's first offshore production facility outside of Korea and is supported by a predominantly local PSN team. The development consists of a Wellhead Platform bridge linked to Production Utilities Quarters Compression Platform and associated pipelines.
Commenting on the deal, Alan Gordon, PSN Operations Director, Asia Pacific, said, "We have established an excellent working relationship with KNOC and worked hard to develop our Vietnamese workforce; a further example of PSN’s localisation strategy. Vietnam has a great deal of potential for offshore production and we have already been involved in further engineering and feasibility projects with KNOC. As a result, we are confident of growing our business in this important territory."
Dr. Se Jin Park, General Director, KNOC Vietnam office, said, "PSN supported us well through the set-up phase of Rong Doi, therefore we have taken up two further two-year contract extension options. This is testament to the firm's record of delivery, safety and quality, supporting our business in Vietnam."
- S.Korea's KNOC Says Drops Oil Field Project in Iraq's Sangaw South (Aug 22)
- S.Korea's KNOC In Talks With Kazakhstan To Drop Oil Field Project (Aug 05)
- S.Korea to Focus on Exploration as Cuts Overseas Energy Spend (Dec 04)
Company: PSN more info
- Wood Group to Merge PSN with Production Business (Dec 13)
- PSN Secures Platform Support for Shell's North Sea Assets (Nov 05)
- PSN Extends Cosalt's North Sea Equipment Contract (Feb 03)