Sonsub Adopts SIMPL Approach for Subsea Projects
With an extensive background in running vessels, remotely operated tools, cables and seabed interactions, the Sonsub division of Saipem UK has now developed a wide range of complementary next-generation 3D visualization and advanced dynamic analysis tools in order to form a streamlined approach to managing the lifecycle of subsea projects.
Entitled Sonsub Integrated Management of Project Lifecycle (SIMPL), the recently implemented process has emphasis on continuity in all project phases -- from marketing and tenders, through detailed design and offshore operations with 3D HAZID familiarisation and risk assessments, to review and analysis -- using the same tools to evolve the project from the virtual world to reality.
Vibor Paravic (Principal Engineer, Head of Analysis), who was charged with bringing all the software components together, explains, "SIMPL means that the workscope is being performed virtually at every phase so at the time of real execution there are no surprises and contingencies have been identified. By using rapid computer visualisation and analysis tools, the goal is to arrive at a workable solution to any subsea installation and construction problem as directly as possible."
Giorgio Martelli (General Manager) added, "Innovation in subsea technology is one of Sonsub's key missions and this new development is further proof that we continue to lead the market in this respect."
- Sonsub's Bar Protector Reaches Milestone Safety Achievment (Oct 15)
- Sonsub Scores Subsea Tie-In Work at West Don Development (Jun 05)
- Sonsub Snags Third Extension for IRM Project in Mediterranean Sea (Jun 05)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)