Deepwater Brazil Oil Output at 300,000 BOE/D by 2012
LONDON (Dow Jones Newswires), November 4, 2008
Ouput from the Tupi, Iara and Guara deep water fields in the Santos basin off the Brazilian coast should hit 300,000 barrels of oil equivalent a day by 2012, said BG Group Tuesday.
"First commercial production is now expected from the 100,000 barrel-a-day Tupi pilot by fourth quarter 2010. In addition, the exploration success with Guara and Iara has led the partnership to fast-track planning on two additional 100,000 barrel-a-day pilot schemes, with the objective of achieving first production in 2012," the company said in a statement.
Other partners in the fields are Petroleo Brasileiro SA and Galp Energia SGPS SA.
BG Group Chief Executive Frank Chapman said the recent sharp fall in crude oil prices will not affect the developments. "We are comfortable that these developments are economic at prices significantly below where we are today," he said.
BG estimated its net share of reserves and resources in the Santos Basin at 3 billion barrels of oil equivalent, of which 2 billion barrels of oil equivalent can be classified as proven or probable.
Evolution Securities analyst Richard Griffith said these figures make a strong argument that BG is seriously undervalued at its current share price.
"At $60 per barrel long-term, our valuation with a bid premium is 1,628 pence, 75% above the current price," he said.
Copyright (c) 2008 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: BG Group more info
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Galp Energia more info
- Galp Cuts Investment Plan, Sees Higher EBITDA Growth (Feb 21)
- Eni Board Authorizes Investment for First Phase of Coral Discovery (Nov 18)
- European Oil, Gas Companies Looking to Cut Costs Further (Oct 31)