Woollybutt Field Producing at Capacity
The Woollybutt Oil Field is currently producing at around 41,000 bbls per day. The field has averaged around 40,000 bbls per day for the last 14 days and has produced in excess of one million bbls of oil since production began on April 29 2003, a little over one month ago.
Two liftings have been successfully completed, on May 17th and May 31st respectively, for a total of around 900,000 bbls of oil.
Going forward, it is expected that the field will maintain the present production rates with the commencement of natural decline dependent on the size of the field and this will be determined from well deliverability over the next few months.
WA-25 –L (previously WA-234-P) Joint Venture Participants are ENI Australia Limited as operator with 65%; Mobil Australia Resources with 20% and Tap Oil Limited with 15%.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)