ExxonMobil Makes Deepwater Find on Block 32 Offshore Angola
ExxonMobil's subsidiary, Esso Exploration Angola (Block 32) Limited, has participated in a deepwater oil discovery on Block 32 offshore Angola.
The discovery well, named Gindungo-1, was drilled in 4,700 feet (1,445 meters) of water. The well flowed at 7,400 and 5,700 barrels per day from two separate zones. It is the first exploration well on Block 32, which is located approximately 102 miles (165 kilometers) offshore Angola.
Sonangol, the Angolan national oil company, is the concessionaire of the block and Esso has a 15 percent interest. The other Block 32 interest owners are Total (operator 30 percent), Marathon Oil Company (30 percent), Sonangol (20 percent) and Petrogal (5 percent).
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- ExxonMobil to Lead Construction, Ops of Mozambique LNG Facilities (Dec 13)
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Marathon Oil Company more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)