Woodside Updates Drilling Operations Offshore Australia
Woodside reports that the Tigger-1 exploration well located in the Carnarvon Basin offshore Australia was spudded on May 31, 2003 and on June 3, 2003 the well was at a depth of 2,008 meters and preparing to run 9" inch casing.
The Sedco 703 rig is drilling the well in approximately 142 meters of water. The location is approximately 140 kilometers north of Dampier. Planned total depth is approximately 3,600 meters. All reported depths (except water depth) are referenced to the rig rotary table.
Woodside's is operator of WA-248-P and holds a 45% interest; Kufpec Australia Pty Ltd. holds 35%) and Japan Australia LNG (MIMI) Pty Ltd. holds the remaining 20%.
Drilling has been completed on the Skiddaw-2 well in WA-255-P offshore Australia. Preliminary interpretation of the wireline data indicates gas and oil zones are present over a gross 22-meter interval true vertical thickness. The Skiddaw-1 and Skiddaw-2 well bores have been plugged and abandoned, as planned. The Atwood Falcon is currently preparing for the tow from the Skiddaw-2 location to the Stybarrow-2 location which is also located in WA-255-P. BHP Billiton is the operator of the WA-255-P permit with a 50% interest and Woodside holds the other 50% stake.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Woodside more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Atwood Oceanics more info
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Atwood Oceanics Offshore Employees in Australia Agree to New EBA (Aug 23)
- Transocean, Atwood Oceanics Lay Off 200 Offshore Workers in Texas (Feb 06)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 53 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)