Woodside Spuds Samoa #1
Woodside reports that the Samoa #1 exploration well in Brazos Area block A10 in the Gulf of Mexico was spudded last week by the Rowan Paris jackup in approxiomately 127 feet of water.
Pioneer Natural Resources is the operator of the Samoa prospect. Planned total depth is approximately 18,200 feet (referenced to the rig rotary table).
The Samoa #1 is the second of an eight well program that Woodside Energy (USA) Inc. and Pioneer Natural Resources USA, Inc. have agreed to drill in 2003 and 2004. Woodside and Pioneer are equal participants in OCS-G 21314.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Pioneer Natural Resources more info
- Big Shale Turns OPEC Ally From Foe With Focus on Oil Returns (Dec 04)
- Pioneer Natural 3Q Adjusted Profit Beats Expectations (Nov 01)
- Rising Gas Output Drags Down Shares Of US Shale Leader Pioneer (Aug 02)
Company: Rowan Companies more info
Manages 21 Offshore Rigs
- Rowan Lays Off Another 50 Offshore Workers (Jun 26)
- Rowan to Lay Off 150 Offshore Workers (May 31)
- Rowan Idles Rig, Will Lay Off Up To 110 Workers (Nov 28)