Eni, Enel & Gazprom Shake Hands to Develop Russian Assets
In view of the meeting between the Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi and the President of the Russian Federation Dimitrij Medvedev, to be held on November 6 in Moscow within the Group of intergovernmental consultation ITALY-RUSSIA, Eni CEO Paolo Scaroni, Enel CEO Fulvio Conti and Chairman of Gazprom Alexey Miller, met today in Rome to define the further developments in the implementation of the partnership between the three companies.
In particular, the parties have signed the agreements to develop the Russian assets of Arctic Gas and Urengoil.
Moreover, further agreements have been signed in which Gazprom commits to taking an equity stake in Severenergia, as established by the 2006 strategic agreement.
Eni, Enel and Gazprom will immediately work towards having the asset development plans approved together with the consequent adjustment of the mineral licenses.
- Poland Bets on LNG, Norway Gas as Divorce With Russia Looms (Feb 09)
- Ukraine And Russia Both Claim Victory In Gas Dispute (Dec 22)
- Gazprom to Splurge on EU Gas Pipe as US Weighs Penalties (Dec 19)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- Egypt's Potential Gas Surplus Could Feed Global LNG Glut (Feb 20)
- Egypt With Eni to Fast-Track Zohr Gas Output, Minister Says (Jan 31)
- Statoil Quits Talks Over Stake In Mozambique Offshore Gas Block (Jan 29)
Company: Enel S.p.A. more info
- Industry Leaders: Latin America Must Safeguard Energy Investors (Jun 16)
- At-13 Well in Algeria Hits 240-Foot Gas-Bearing Formation (May 23)
- Dragon Oil, Enel Secure 2 Exploration Blocks in Algeria (Oct 01)