Jubilee Field's FPSO Slated for Completion in 2010
ABS was selected to class the first FPSO for Tullow Ghana Ltd.'s Jubilee oil project off the coast of Ghana. The Jubilee field is one of the largest oil field discoveries offshore West Africa in the past ten years.
The field will be developed in phases with this FPSO part of phase one. The FPSO, slated for completion in 2010, will be designed to handle up to 120,000 barrels per day of oil, 170 million cubic feet per day of gas and 100,000-bpd of water and will be installed in approximately 3,609 feet of water. The vessel's storage capacity is rated at 2 million barrels.
The FPSO conversion will be a standard conversion of a double hull very large crude carrier (VLCC) to FPSO with turret mooring, a helideck and living quarters with accommodations for 110 personnel.
ABS will be reviewing the vessel’s life extension analysis and the conversion including the topsides engineering and fabrication, the mooring system design and fabrication and the hull and topsides integration. ABS surveyors will also be on site for commissioning and installation.
Floating production systems contractor MODEC has the contract to provide and operate the FPSO. The Jubilee field partners are: Tullow, Kosmos Energy Ghana, Anadarko Petroleum Corp., EO Group, Sabre Oil and Gas, and the Ghana National Petroleum Corp. (GNPC).
- Ivory Coast Awards Tullow Two New Oil and Gas Blocks (Jan 17)
- UK's Tullow Oil Lifts Outlook On Higher Crude Prices, Output (Nov 08)
- Tullow Oil Signs Exploration Contracts Offshore Ivory Coast (Oct 11)
Company: American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) more info
- ABS Expands India Office, Plans To Recruit Technology Staff (Aug 01)
- ABS, Keppel's KOMtech Collaborate on Joint Development Projects (Jun 28)
- McDermott Joins 14 Other Offshore Firms to Establish Industry Standards (May 19)