Sevan Secures Construction Financing for 2 Deepwater Semisubs
Sevan Drilling ASA, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sevan Marine ASA, has signed a mandate letter with two leading financial institutions to arrange construction financing of up to US $1 billion (or 70% of construction cost) that converts into a six-year amortizing term loan following delivery of two deepwater drilling units.
The debt facility is intended to part-finance the construction of two deepwater drilling units (Sevan Driller II and III) that have been contracted to Petrobras and ONGC on charter contracts.
"We are pleased to announce the signing of this mandate letter in a difficult financial market. This is an important step towards securing ful financing for these rigs," said Jan Erik Tveteraa, CEO of Sevan Marine.
- Petrobras Sells Rights in 37 Oilfields for $823MM (Nov 28)
- Brazil Subsea Pipeline Project Goes to McDermott (Nov 21)
- Petrobras FPSO Achieves First Oil (Oct 24)
Company: ONGC more info
- Subsea Contract Features Made-in-India Element (Oct 03)
- India Tells State Oil Firm ONGC to List Overseas Unit (Aug 21)
- ONGC, Reliance in Talks with Customers to Sell East Coast Gas (Apr 10)
Company: Sevan Marine more info
- Sembcorp Marine Acquires 50% Stake in KANFA Aragon from Sevan Marine (Jun 29)
- Sevan Marine's Unit KANFA Bags $50M EPC Deal for FPSO Yinson Production (Feb 17)
- First Oil in Sight at Huntington (Mar 27)
Company: Sevan Drilling more info
- Sevan Drilling, Cosco to Defer Delivery of Sevan Developer to Mid-October (Apr 15)
- Sevan Drilling Exercises Option to Defer Delivery of Sevan Developer (Nov 03)
- Cosco, Sevan Drilling Agree to Extend Delivery Date for Sevan Developer (Oct 17)