Sevan Secures Construction Financing for 2 Deepwater Semisubs
Sevan Drilling ASA, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sevan Marine ASA, has signed a mandate letter with two leading financial institutions to arrange construction financing of up to US $1 billion (or 70% of construction cost) that converts into a six-year amortizing term loan following delivery of two deepwater drilling units.
The debt facility is intended to part-finance the construction of two deepwater drilling units (Sevan Driller II and III) that have been contracted to Petrobras and ONGC on charter contracts.
"We are pleased to announce the signing of this mandate letter in a difficult financial market. This is an important step towards securing ful financing for these rigs," said Jan Erik Tveteraa, CEO of Sevan Marine.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
Manages 6 Offshore Rigs
- Petrobras To Invest 137 Million Reais Iin Sao Paulo Refinery (Mar 08)
- Petrobras Chief Says US Refinery Sale Ongoing, No Plans To Build Elsewhere (Mar 05)
- Petrobras to Sell Pasadena, Texas, Refinery (Feb 06)
Company: ONGC more info
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- ONGC Is Said to Plan $4.8 Billion Indian Oil, GAIL Stake Sale (Feb 07)
- India's ONGC Raises $2.38B From Banks To Buy Refinery Stake (Jan 23)
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
Company: Sevan Marine more info
- Sembcorp Marine Acquires 50% Stake in KANFA Aragon from Sevan Marine (Jun 29)
- Sevan Marine's Unit KANFA Bags $50M EPC Deal for FPSO Yinson Production (Feb 17)
- First Oil in Sight at Huntington (Mar 27)
Company: Sevan Drilling more info
- Sevan Drilling, Cosco to Defer Delivery of Sevan Developer to Mid-October (Apr 15)
- Sevan Drilling Exercises Option to Defer Delivery of Sevan Developer (Nov 03)
- Cosco, Sevan Drilling Agree to Extend Delivery Date for Sevan Developer (Oct 17)