Delek Drilling & Dorgaz to Participate in Ashkelon Prospect
Delek Drilling and Dorgaz will participate in Isramco's Nir 2 prospect offshore Ashkelon, Israel. The drilling is estimate to cost $10.5 million. Isramco owns 67% of the prospect.
Naphtha Israel Petroleum and Israel National Oil Company (INOC), both affiliated with Isramco and which jointly own 8.5% of the prospect, also announced they would participate in the drilling. Delek Drilling owns 21% and Dorgaz 1.8% of the prospect. Other partners in the prospect, including Sonol and Middle East Energy (MEE) decided not to participate.
The Nir 2 well follows the Nir 1 well in the Med Ashdod concession were natural gas was discovered. The reservoir is near the Yam Thetis' Mary concession which also found natural gas.
Several weeks ago, Isramco announced it would drill at Nir 2 even without its partners' consent. Isramco gave its partners 30 days notice to declare their participation in the drilling.
Israel Electric Corporation has refused to reach a purchasing agreement with Isramco until it can prove it owns larger natural gas reservoirs. The Nir 2 drilling is therefore critical for Isramco.
- Leviathan Partners Approve Natgas Production Target For Late 2019 (Dec 12)
- Israel Approves Energean Purchase of Karish, Tanin Fields (Dec 07)
- Delek Drilling and Avner Agree to Sell Israeli Fields to Energean (Aug 17)
Company: Isramco more info
- Noble Inks LOI to Sell Tamar Natural Gas Offshore Israel (Dec 28)
- Isramco Releases Third Quarter 2009 Earnings (Nov 11)
- Noble Energy Successfully Appraises Tamar Offshore Israel (Jul 07)
Company: Dorgaz more info
- Delek Drilling & Dorgaz to Participate in Ashkelon Prospect (Jun 02)