Hardy Spuds PY-3 Well Offshore India
Hardy Oil and Gas has spudded the PY3-D4-RL lateral well in India.
The Transocean semisubmersible rig, Actinia, has been anchored over the PY3-D4 vertical well, from which the sidetrack, through 9 5/8" casing, will commence at approximately 2,800 m. The well is targeting productive reservoir approximately 710 m from the vertical well with a lateral section of 500 m within the PY-3 reservoir.
The new lateral well is expected to enhance existing oil production however initial production rates will be dependent on drilling results.
The PY-3 oil field comprises two producing wells and two water injectors. Water is injected to maintain field reservoir pressure and enhance overall recovery of oil.
Hardy, through its wholly owned subsidiary Hardy Exploration & Production (India) Inc., is the operator of the PY-3 field and holds an 18% participating interest.
- Transocean Lands $830MM Rig Contract with Chevron (Dec 28)
- Transocean Acquires Ocean Rig (Dec 05)
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
Company: Hardy Oil more info
- India's Reliance, Partners Abandon East Coast Oil and Gas Block (Dec 24)
- Hardy Wins India Court Decision over Ganesha-1 Discovery (Feb 04)
- Hardy In Talks to Increase Stake Offshore India (Jan 10)