Casino JV Hits Paydirt at Henry-2
AWE reported that the Henry-2 ST1 DW1 (Development Well) has achieved a clean up flow estimated at 44 million cubic feet of gas per day. The well test was constrained by surface facilities.
Following completion of the testing programme, the Ocean Patriot drilling rig will be released which will end the current phase of drilling operations in VIC/P 44.
The recent drilling campaign, which included the drilling of the Pecten East-1, Netherby-1 (Pilot), Netherby-1 DW1, Henry-2 (Pilot) and Henry-2 DW1 ST1 wells has successfully extended the area of prospectivity in the permit and also resulted in a substantial lift in the gas reserves for the block.
This program involved developing the existing Henry field discovery, and more importantly, completing for production, the Netherby field, a new field discovered in this drilling campaign.
The completion of the new pipeline connecting the Henry and Netherby gas fields to the existing Casino facilities will add to the productive capacity of the region when completed in 1H 2009.
Bruce Wood, AWE's Managing Director, said, "The Casino joint venture should be proud of the recent work completed in the permit, where offshore gas discoveries can be scheduled into production within 12 months of the discovery.
"We look forward to further such co-operative ventures in the Australian gas market."
Participants in VIC/P 44 are:
- AWE 25.0%
- Santos Limited (operator) 50.0%
- Mitsui E&P Australia Pty Ltd 25.0%
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Mitsui more info
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
- Gas Glut Upends Global Trade Flows As Buyers Find New Leverage (Aug 16)
Company: Australia Worldwide Exploration more info
- AWE Updates on Drilling Ops at Trefoil-2 Offshore Australia (Nov 05)
- Origin Shuts-In Production at BassGas JV's Yolla-4 (Nov 19)
- Casino JV Hits Paydirt at Henry-2 (Oct 28)