StatoilHydro Gets Go-Ahead to Drill Curran Prospect
StatoilHydro has been granted consent to conduct exploration drilling of well 30/8-4 S with the semisubmersible drilling rig, Transocean Winner.
The well is located in the North Sea, approximately 15 km southwest of Oseberg South. The operating company has named the prospect to be drilled Curran.
Well 30/8-4 S has the following geographical coordinates:
- N 60 degrees 20' 05.0"
- E 02 degrees 36' 09.3"
The water depth at the site is 93 meters.
Start-up of drilling is planned for the beginning of November. The activity will have an estimated duration of 69 days.
Transocean Winner is a semisub drilling rig of the GVA-4000 type, built in 1983 at Gotaverken Arendal in Sweden. It has subsequently undergone modifications and upgrades. The semisub is classed in DnV and is operated by Transocean Offshore (North Sea) Ltd. Transocean Winner received an Acknowledgement of Compliance on August 4, 2006.
- Transocean Lands $830MM Rig Contract with Chevron (Dec 28)
- Transocean Acquires Ocean Rig (Dec 05)
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)