Azerbaijan, South America Award Saipem $1.1 B in Offshore Contracts
Following its $1.2 billion award in onshore contracts yesterday, Saipem has won three new offshore contracts for a total amount in excess of US $1.1 billion. The three contracts have been awarded in Azerbaijan, Brazil and Venezuela respectively.
Saipem has signed with BP Exploration (Caspian Sea) Ltd the Underwater Service Contract Long term Agreement. Saipem will be responsible for the activities required for the inspection, maintenance and repair of the existing BP facilities in the Azeri offshore, including the platforms installed by Saipem in the previous years. The contract has a duration of 5 years, which BP has an option to extend by 2 years.
Petrobras awarded the contract for the Urugua-Mexilhao pipeline. Saipem will transport, install and test an 18", 174-kilometer long gas pipeline in the Santos Basin, offshore Brazil. The pipeline will link the floating production, storage and offloading vessel Urugua, located in the Exploratory Block BS-500 in a approximately 1300 meters water depth, to the Mexilhao gas platform in the Mexilhao field in 172 meters water depth. Project activities are scheduled to finish in the first half of 2010.
PDVSA Gas S.A. awarded Saipem the contract for the Dragon -- CIGMA pipeline in the Mariscal Sucre complex in offshore north-east Venezuela. Saipem will transport and install a 115-kilometer, 36-inch gas export line connecting a platform located in the Dragon field to PDVSA's CIGMA complex on the southern side of the Paria peninsula, in the state of Sucre. Marine activities will be mainly carried out by the Semac pipelayer vessel and are scheduled to be completed by the end of 2009.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: Petrobras more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: PDVSA more info
Operates 14 Offshore Rigs
Manages 26 Offshore Rigs
- Algeria Sends More Oil To Cuba As Venezuelan Supplies Fall (Jan 10)
- Venezuela's PDVSA At Risk Of Losing Bonaire Terminal Over Maintenance Delay (Dec 19)
- Paralysis At PDVSA: Venezuela's Oil Purge Cripples Company (Dec 15)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)