Total Taps Diamond Offshore's Ocean Valiant for 2 Years
Diamond Offshore has signed a two-year contract with Total E&P Angola in Angola for the 4th generation semisubmersible Ocean Valiant that could earn maximum revenue, excluding mobilization fees, totaling approximately $452 million.
The contract is convertible into either a 2-1/2 year or a three-year agreement at the option of the operator at dayrates that could earn maximum total revenue, excluding mobilization fees, totaling between $552 million and $646 million.
Currently located in the Gulf of Mexico, the Ocean Valiant is an Ocean Odyssey-design semisubmersible built in 1988. Rated to work in water depths up to 5,000 feet, the rig can drill to depths of 30,000 feet.
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)
- Total, Wintershall Drill Dry Wells Offshore Norway (Mar 02)